Social Work Service
The Social Work Service at The Shakespeare Hospice is staffed by an experience, qualified palliative care Social Worker and offers holistic social, financial, emotional and practical support for patients and carers. The service works in close partnership with the Day Hospice, Hospice at Home and the Children and Young People’s Services.
The service provides:
- Assessment of a family’s strengths and needs relating to issues of dealing with serious illness, impending death and bereavement and loss
- Family support and advice including liaison with, and signposting to, local mediation and advocacy services
- Signposting for financial, welfare rights and benefits support and advice
- Support with housing issues
- Liaison with and referrals to external services
- Links to local social and community groups and resources
For further information please contact Mandy Alexander (Macmillan Social Worker) on 01789 266852 or email@example.com.