We believe that people with a terminal illness should have the right to choose where to spend their final weeks and days and where to die. For some, a hospital or hospice may be the best place, but many people want to stay at home right to the end.
Our Hospice at Home team will carefully and sensitively assess the amount of care needed and will work closely with the family, district nurse and other members of the Primary Health Care Team. Our nurses will then visit and care for a patient on a regular basis, building up a close relationship with the immediate family and extend their support into the bereavement period.
Aims of the Service
- To enable patients to stay at home with specialist nursing care for the last few months of their life – if that is their wish.
- Be available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to offer advice and support and visit you when appropriate to give hands on care.
- Provide a team of nurses with suitable specialist skills to meet your ongoing needs.
- Respect your dignity, privacy and freedom of choice
- Work in partnership with all the health professionals involved in your care to enable you to receive the help you need, when you need it.
- To provide a dignified and pain free life for as long as possible.
As of 1st July 2013 Hospice at Home have extended their service to cover Kenilworth and Southam, where there was no access to specialist end of life care at home.
Our Hospice at Home service is available to adult residents in the locality and our care is offered to patients and families free of charge. We are particularly grateful for the support of Stratford Town Trust, which has made grants towards the costs of the service for patients living in Stratford upon Avon.